Thursday, September 1, 2011

Student-style banana nut bread

Sometimes shortcuts are simply necessary. With the leisurely days of summer slowing fading, . . . I often find myself in a bit of a time crunch. As such, when it comes to such things as baking, the task gets pushed to the end of my to-do list behind reading, research, tutoring, more reading, and so on. So, when asked to bring a baked good to a little get-together with other graduate students in my department, this easy peasy twist on a favorite of mine was precisely what I needed.

Banana Nut Bread


Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 package Jell-O Instant Banana Cream Pudding & Pie Filling
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 ripe bananas, mashed
4 eggs
1 cup chopped pecans

Directions:
Heat oven to 350° F.
Mix all the ingredients well. Pour into 2 large or 4 small greased loaf pans.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes.

Recipe derived from Real Simple

No comments:

Post a Comment