Thursday, July 29, 2010

My Papa, Mr. Handy-man


Papas are simply the best, aren't they? I came home yesterday evening to find my oh so heavy mirror no longer leaning against the coffee table, but on the wall where it properly belongs! I received a visit from Mr. Handy-man, my papa, yesterday afternoon. He came prepared with a bag a supplies including tools, nails, and . . . duct tape! I was all too thrilled to have the mirror hanging in my living room that I opted not to ask how he managed it. In the middle of our leisurely dinner (pictured above) I casually asked how he had managed the task. Suspecting my concerns, he assured me that the duct tape, though to him a tempting solution, had stayed in the bag!

Ingredients

1/4 cup low fat yogurt, preferably Greek yogurt
Zest and juice of one lemon
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound baby spinach
1 pint strawberries, quartered
2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted

Directions

Prepare the dressing. Place yogurt, zest, lemon, sugar or sugar substitute, poppy seeds, and salt, in a mini chopper. Blend until well combined.

Place spinach and strawberries in a large bowl and toss with dressing. Sprinkle with almonds and serve immediately.

Image and Recipe from Secrets of a Skinny Chef by Jennifer Iserloh

No comments:

Post a Comment